Terms + Conditions
Chittick Lodge is available for groups of up to 100 people. On weekends, which are our busiest time, we have a minimum group size of 30 people. (Smaller group sizes are nevertheless still possible on weekends but the minimum charge is based on a group of 30 adults). Groups of 50 or more always have exclusive use of Chittick Lodge. The minimum group size during the week is 10 (subject to negotiation).
Generally speaking, weekend bookings commence on Friday after 3:00 pm and conclude on Sunday afternoon by 3:00 pm. Weekday bookings commence after 3:00 pm and conclude in the morning by 10:00 am. However, we try to be flexible and if these times do not fit with your plans, we’ll see what we can do.
Please phone or email Pam Ford, the Chittick Lodge Administration Officer, to check your preferred date(s). Pam will then look after your booking.
We ask for a deposit of $10 per person, and once this has been paid, the booking will be confirmed.
We like to have the final numbers at least 14 days ahead of your arrival so that we can ensure that everything is in place to meet your needs. As you will appreciate, this is particularly necessary where we are catering for the group. An invoice will be generated at this time for all costs associated with your group’s visit.
Please bring sleeping bag or sheets, blankets/doona, pillow, toiletries and towel
what to bring
We appreciate that when people make bookings they do not do so lightly and it is often disappointing for them to have to cancel. However, it is sometimes difficult to re-book another group especially at short notice. Therefore, the worst case scenario is, that if a booking is cancelled within three months of the arrival date the deposit of $10 per person will be forfeited. But if we can substitute another group at that time, which we will try our best to do, the full deposit will be refunded.
Special dietary requirements – vegetarian diets and medically based special dietary needs will be met wherever possible. Occasionally this may mean a slight variation to the overall catering costs.
The meal times are: Breakfast 8am, Lunch 12.30pm and Dinner 6pm
It might seem a long way in advance but the caterer does require final numbers 14 days ahead of your visit.
We ask the person in charge of meals for self-catered groups to complete and submit the Kitchen Usage Authority form which will be provided at the time of booking. We also require non-Uniting Church groups to provide a Certificate of Currency for Public Liability Insurance.
Your assistance would be very much appreciated with the following matters
- Arrival/departure times – please notify the Host if your arrival or departure times are likely to vary by more than half an hour as the Host does not live on site.
- Ensure that any group members under 18 years of age have appropriate parent/guardian consent and are supervised by ‘house parents’.
- First Aid – it is the responsibility of each group to provide its own First Aid equipment and officer. In the case of an injury or illness the group leader must fill out an Incident Report form contained in your information pack and give a copy to the host.
- Noise – in consideration of neighbours it would be appreciated if the noise level could be kept to a minimum especially between 9:30 pm and 8:00 am.
- Would you please ensure that people using the electronic equipment have a reasonable level of skill and that the equipment is only used for group activities.
- Kindly ensure that the facilities are kept clean and tidy during your stay. On departure please ensure that any furniture that may have been moved is returned to its original position.
group leader responsibilities
Emergency Procedure Notices are posted throughout the venue and guests should make themselves familiar with the arrangements in case of an emergency. Evacuation procedures are listed in each room on the back of the door.
Firefighting equipment – fire extinguishers and hoses are located around the site for use in an emergency.
Kiama Council does not permit the lighting of any fires in the open.
The Fine Print
All breakages and losses of the venue’s property or equipment are to be reported to the Host. The cost of repair/replacement will be invoiced to the group.
Guest’s property is their responsibility – Chittick Lodge does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage.
Guide Dogs excepted, no animals on site please.
Chittick Lodge is proudly an alcohol, smoke and drug free environment.